About Uptown Dallas
Those who like to be in the middle of the action will find themselves at home in Uptown. Young professionals, powerful executives, empty nesters and big-city transplants alike are drawn to the exciting urban lifestyle offered by this mixed-use district. In fact, Uptown Dallas's marketing slogan says everything you need to know about the area: "live, work, play."
The trendy area hasn't always been known as Uptown. It actually is one of Dallas's oldest neighborhoods, dating back to the late 1800s when it was more of a working-class community. Several updated remnants of architecture from that era and a working trolley line remain, creating a fascinating juxtaposition with the new, modern high rises.
For getting out and about, Uptown couldn't be more conveniently located. It sits in the shadows of downtown Dallas (in some places casting its own shadows), and is bordered on three sides by significant intracity and interstate corridors (I-45/75, Woodall Rogers Freeway and I-35/Stemmons). You'll be on your way anywhere in the Metroplex in no time.
Other exciting opportunities in and around Uptown include:
- Easy access to Katy Trail for running, rollerblading and bike riding
- Within walking distance of American Airlines Center and DART Rail stops
- Exploration of shopping, dining and nightlife
- Close proximity to Downtown's Arts District
- Easy access to public transportation including DART rail lines, the Trinity Railway Express and the free McKinney Avenue Trolley
Content © 2018 Erin Mathews. All rights reserved.